When you are required to write this document for your research paper, you may think about what abstract means, and why you have to create this work. Usually, online databases allow readers to search for articles by abstracts. So, this document helps people to find your work and define if they should read the whole paper after discovering the abstract.
Needless to say, you have to put all important information into this paper, so the more correct you will do this job, the more readers who are interested in your article will be able to find and read the whole document. Are you thinking about how to write an abstract for a research paper without problems? Writing an abstract is not a complicated thing, but you should know the main rules to create it properly.
Abstract definition, types, format and rules to write
According to the definition of abstract, this is a summary of your paper that helps readers to understand what's your work about before reading the whole document.
There are three types of this document:
- Informative — this kind of paper works as an overview of your research paper, highlighting the importance of the work to the readers.
- Descriptive — this work describes the goal and purpose of your paper and provides the readers with methods used in it. Usually, it is around 100-200 words length.
- Critical — in this paper the whole work is discussed to the writer's research.
So, how to write an abstract for a research paper and what important moments you have to consider? Read our tips and create a good paper. In general, your abstract should consist of five parts:
- The main reason for writing your work. Think about why your work is so important for the readers and why they should read the entire paper.
- State the problem of your paper — explain to the readers the issue you studied in your work.
- State the methods of your study and the research thesis.
- Describe the results of your research.
- Finish your work, briefly summarizing facts.
Another important thing is how to choose the abstract format for your work. In this article, we will explain how to create an abstract for a research paper in APA style. So, these are the main rules:
- Every page of your work should have a page header or a running head. This is the short version of your paper's title.
- Use 12-pt well-readable fonts, better to use Times New Roman, of course, if your professor or teacher didn't provide their requirements. Better to ask your teacher about your work's font, if there is nothing said about it in instructions.
- Make sure all your text is double-spaced.
- You should write the word “Abstract” centered at the top of your page.
- Don't make your paper too long, 150-250 words are quite enough for an APA format abstract.
- Place a list of your keywords, if requested. The keywords are the word combinations that readers could use to find your paper in online databases.
- Proofread your work thoroughly and make sure you corrected all errors and fulfilled all the requirements of your professor.
How to Write an Abstract for a Research Paper
Some people compare the abstract with a trailer for a movie, and this is quite a good comparison. This paper helps readers to get a short preview of the entire work and to understand if they are interested in reading it. If you are questioning yourself how to write a good abstract, keep in your memory that you have to make a great impression on your readers and hook their attention from the beginning. Without this, your work won't be popular. If you are going to publish your research proposal, remember that the first thing the readers can read is the abstract. So, you have to do your best to make it interesting.
How to make your research paper abstract 100% effective? Follow our advice to create successful work.
- Start working on the abstract only when you have finished your research. Even if this is the first part of your entire paper, it should be written last.
- Look through your introduction part and conclusion paragraphs and select the major ideas from there.
- Pick up key facts from the Methods paragraph.
- Grab the major points from the Results paragraph.
- Then put the phrases received in 2-4 into a separate paragraph.
- Remove the information that is not necessary and make sure you got a logical text.
- Proofread your work and correct all the mistakes: grammar, punctuation, and logic.
- Make sure your paper meets all the requirements (such as length, abstract type, subheadings, etc.)
- Revise it after a short break. We are sure you will be able to add more things to make your work more interesting for your readers.
Research paper abstract: help from real professionals
So, you have read a lot of tips and tried to follow them, but instead, you've got nothing? Don't be upset, if you don't know how to write an abstract, our professional service is glad to help! Choose our skilled team and let real experts do the job for you. Our company works with the best authors that are quite talented and experienced to write any type of academic work, including an abstract. We assure you that our service selects only qualified and talented writers that exactly know how to write an abstract for a research paper!
All you have to do is just place your order on our website. After filling a simple order form and making a payment, we will start working on your task immediately. Don't worry about terms, we will fulfill your assignment within the deadline, so you can just relax and wait for your finished work. Our company cares about clients, that's why our customer support team works 24/7. If you have any questions about making your payment, the process of our work, pricing policy, and discounts, contact us via email, phone or in the live chat. Our well-trained agents will be glad to help you and answer every question.
We know that our qualified writing agency is all you need when you have to write an excellent abstract. Great quality, high speed of work, respect of our customers and 100% uniqueness of texts are guaranteed by our experts. Trust our service, place your order right now and get a good discount! Save your time, money and nerves to receive a bright paper and impress your audience.